Zebra cake is like a marble cake but a little flashier. I baked it as a single layer cake or a bundt cake but you can easily bake two cakes and make it double or maybe even a triple.
prep time 15 min cook time 30+ min
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 80 ml sunflower or peanut oil
- 200 ml milk
- 220 g flour
- 16 g baking powder, sifted
- 40 g dark cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C and grease and flour a round baking pan. I used a silicon one.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and 150 ml of milk and beat together.
- Add the flour in batches and mix well. Add also sifted baking powder and mix.
- Divide the batter into two bowls. Add in one the cocoa powder and the remaining 50 ml of milk. Beat well.
- Start by pouring 2 Tablespoons of the cream batter on one side of the pan and then adding 2 Tbls of the cocoa batter on top. Keep alternating the two batters on the same spot without moving the pan. The batters will slide and mix by themselves into a striped pattern.
7. Bake the zebra cake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.