I try to eat oatmeal for breakfast once or twice a week. This healthy version with strawberries and all kinds of goodies is my favorite. Oatmeal is the perfect way to start your day with a metabolism boosting meal, and as an added bonus it keeps you full for hours and reduces mid-morning snacking.
prep time 5 min cook time 10 min
ingredients for 1
- 35g or 1dl old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2,5dl or 1 cup of water
- a dash of milk
- 100 g fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons seeds and crumbled nuts
- cinnamon to sprinkle
1. Prepare the night before the water in the pot, let frozen strawberries thaw in another pot and put chia seeds in water or milk to absorb liquid and become gelatinous – never eat them dry. You can do all this in the morning, but I prefer to do it the night before.
2. Make the oatmeal according to the instructions, boil the water, add a pinch of salt, add the oats and let simmer at low for 6-7 minutes. After that I add a dash of milk and let simmer for an additional minute or two. This gives you a creamy porridge. You can alo use any vegetable milk.
3. Blend the strawberries with an immersion blender and heat for a minute if you prefer. Add to plate. I add the chia seed gel to the strawberries.
4. Mix the cooked creamy oatmeal to your plate, add seeds, crumbled nuts of your choice and sprinkle cinnamon on top.