This is a light version of zucchini parmesan, no frying or grilling and no tomato sauce. Maybe we should call it zucchini casserole. In any case it is very easy to make with just 4 main ingredients.
prep time 10 min cook time 35-40 min
- 500g (3 medium) zucchini
- 300g mozzarella or scamorza cheese, diced or coarsely grated
- 100g ham, shredded or thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp grated Parmigiano
- bread crumbs
- parsley, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice thinly the zucchini with a mandolin or a knife.
2. Mix the parsley, a little bit of salt and the grated Parmigiano into the breadcrumbs. Coat the zucchini slices on both sides with the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Put some oil in a baking dish and start with the zucchini slices then add ham and mozzarella. Make two more layers. Sprinkle a little bit of the remaining breadcrumbs and some Parmigiano on top.
4. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and cook at 180C for 25 minutes. Take the foil off and keep cooking for another 10-15 minutes until golden.