These pickled onions are a tasty side dish. Easy to prepare with onions and a blend of water, vinegar and sugar. Excellent on good crusty bread or sandwiches but also as a side dish to meat or fish.
prep time 10 min
cook time 30 min
- 3-4 medium size red onions
- 150 g water
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbls granulated or brown sugar
- olive oil
- Peel and thinly slice the onions. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Combine water, vinegar and sugar and add this blend to the pan. Let simmer for about 20-25 min until the liquid has almost dried up. Add some salt.
- Let cool and serve. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.