This is a simple vegetarian pasta recipe. I used pumpkin, button mushrooms and onion to dress my pasta, but you can use veggies of your choice depending also on the season. No creamy sauces needed. Just fresh vegetables stir fried in good olive oil.
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES COOK TIME 20 MIN
INGREDIENTS FOR 4
- 360g farfalle pasta
- 450g pumpkin, cleaned and diced
- 300g button mushrooms, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile cut and slice the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the onion slices and fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the diced pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced/sliced mushrooms and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Season with salt.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the pan with the veggies. If needed, add a half a glass of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve with some chopped parsley.
- OPTIONAL: If you love Parmigiano cheese, you can top the plate with it.